                From:   Ari Halberstadt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Thursday, January 04, 2001 10:23 AM
                To:     Orion-Interest
                Subject:        how to set environment properties for an
app?

                How do i set env properties for an app? I need to pass in an
environment
                property in some manner to customize a j2ee app so that I
can have two (or more)
                versions of the app running off of the same deployment ear.

                I looked in orion-application.xml, but there is nothing
there.

                I tried env-entry-mapping in orion-web.xml, but it didn't
work either. Also, if
                I edit my web.xml file (in a development directory), Orion
redeploys over the
                custom orion-web.xml, erasing my changes. Orion also
rewrites the original
                web.xml file, obliterating comments. (Bugs in orion?)