I picked up a cable/dsl router/firewall for $90 through amazon.com (I think). ITs the Linsys Cable/DSL router. It also has a version with a 10/100 4-port hub built in. It has a built in webserver for configuring the settings, including filtering ports to specific ips, etc. You can allow your internal network to all access the internet via one connection with this device, and while its not as sophisticated as some firewalls, it does quite well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arno Grbac [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 2:43 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Win 2000 problems with http server

hanasaki,

You are probably not going to like what I'm about to say. I had the same problem, and some files
on the hard drive got corrupted. Instead of trying to figure out what went wrong, I just reformatted
the hard drive and Ghosted the image back onto it (it didn't take too long since I had the image on
a CD - highly recommended!). After that, all was well.

I don't know if you need to go as far, but the problem is not with Orion or Java. I can't
say that running any localhost firewall and java will cause this problem, but running Zone Alarm
definitely will. I would use the network setup on Win2000 to disable all IP ports except 80, or
whatever else you might need. Essentially, Win2000 has a primitive firewall built in (networking->
TCP/IP->advanced->options ..IP security and TCP/IP filtering). If you need more, I would pick
up a dedicated firewall box ($400-$500). A dedicated box will also offer you VPN, which can
be handy.

Good luck!
-arno