On 07 Jan 2001 21:23:02 +0100, Nils Frohberg wrote:
> Yes, but sudo will still run orion with UID 0. This will not improve security. Then
>you might as well make a group called 'orion', and put all the users that need access
>to orion into this group. Change the dir/file perms so that it is read/writable for
>these users.
>
> If you try to get orion to run non-root because of security, follow the example on
>orionsupport.
>
> --nils

The issue was being able to have many users stop and start Orion on port
80 frequently, not access to files.  For restricting access to files and
other resources from Orion, I think the Java solution would be
customized Java policy files, but those are tricky to get right.  sudo
is a straightforward solution to the problem, which will work on any
UNIX platform that can get or build a copy of sudo (which is any).

Scott