Hi,

You'll also have to include a line deploying orions EJBUser in you orion-application.xml like this:

 <ejb-module remote="false" path="demo/ejb/usermanager" />
Now you can take out the <principals .../> tag.

Further you need to specify a role to group mapping in orion-web.xml (adjusted to your own roles and groups):

 <security-role-mapping name="administrator">
    <group name="administrators"/>
 </security-role-mapping>

Something that confused me a number of times is that orion unpacks your ear file, but it doesn't always refresh this copy correctly after you update your ear. This happened especially with orion/orion-application.jar

I think this were all the steps I needed, but let me know if there are any more problems. I've been struggling with this one for quite some time too.

Marcel
The other question has to do with using the User Manager.  When I add the following to my orion-application.xml I get the NamingException when it is deployed.  What is the trick to doing this?  According to one poster, the atm example demonstrated this, but I must have a different version of the atm example.

<user-manager class="com.evermind.ejb.EJBUserManager">
  <property name="home" value="com.evermind.ejb.EJBUser" />
  <property name="defaultGroups" value="users" />
</user-manager>"

Finally, a tutorial for usermanager stuff was started over at Orionsupport.com, but never finished.  Is there a new version of this?  Here is the url I have: http://www.orionsupport.com/tutorials/usermanager/intro.jsp

            Thanks,
                John

I get "Error updating application estore: Error initializing userManager
'com.evermind.
ejb.EJBUserManager': NamingException: com.evermind.ejb.EJBUser not found" when I
try it.