> Without knowing the details about your code: If you are using a
> standard XSL
> processor from your tag you should check that the output method setting of
> your XSL is correct. This is the output method I use to produce HTML, and
> you could modify it to produce the encoding you want:
>
>       <xsl:output method = "html"
>               indent = "yes"
>               encoding = "UTF-16"
>               doctype-system = "http://www.w3.org/DTD/HTML4-strict-dtd"
>               doctype-public = "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//DA"
>               media-type= "text/html"
>         />
>
> Without this encoding my special characters get transformed aswell.
> I know this is not where you suggest the problem lies - but have
> you checked
> this issue?

Yes, thanks for this information.

The encoding in all of my xsl:ouput tags was set to my desired encoding:

<xsl:output method="html" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>

I believe the real issue lies somewhere in the JSP Tag. What leads me
to this conclusion is a Servlet setup to filter XML content type, with
the exact XML and XSLT files used by the JSP Tag, works perfectly.
Therefore,
my conclusion is that the loss of encoding has something to do with
the way my BodyTag interface is processing the encoded XML. Does
this sound reasonable? If so, what are some gotchas that i should
pay attention too in side the JSP Tag Code?

Thanks grealty.

---
Ted Rice
APAMA Ltd, 17 Millers Yard, Mill Lane
Cambridge CB2 1RQ, United Kingdom
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: +44 (0)7899 876489
Phone:  +44 (0)1223 257973 [Histon Office]
Fax:    +44 (0)1223 518859