From: "Li You" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:20:38 -0700

Hi All,

Dear Alexey Ryndin,
    Thanks for you help, I do it  that you say, the errors was gone.
but some new errors showing out. I don't know where i miss ?
                                                                    where Orion miss ?
                                                                    where Postgresql
miss?
                                                             and why!?
please help me.
thank you again,
 yours Urey

***********  my errors *********
00-2-1 10:27 Error serializing EJB-bean
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.postgresql.jdbc2.Connection
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1148)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1841)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:480)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1214)
[...]
 at com.evermind.server.ejb.EJBContainer.ai4(JAX)
 at com.evermind.server.ejb.EJBPackageDeployment.ait(JAX)
 at com.evermind.server.ejb.EJBContainer.ait(JAX)
 at com.evermind.server.ejb.EJBContainer.b9(JAX)
 at com.evermind.server.Application.b9(JAX)
 at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer.b9(JAX)
 at com.evermind.server.he.run(JAX)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

***********  my code use connection only this one *********

public class DBAction implements java.io.Serializable{

    private String stmtstring = null;
    private String msg = "";
    private ResultSet rs = null;
    private int columncount;
    private int status = 0;
    private Vector v = new Vector();

    private Connection dbConnection = null;

    private DataSource datasource   = null;

    public DBAction() throws ApplicationDAOException {
      try {
            datasource = (DataSource) ic.lookup(JNDINames.GALACY_DATASOURCE);
        } catch (NamingException ne) {
            throw new ApplicationDAOException("Naming Exception while looking " +
                                               " up DataSource Connection " +
                                                JNDINames.GALACY_DATASOURCE +
                                                    ": \n" + ne.getMessage());
        }
    }

/**
* Method for get connection with database
*/

   private void getDBConnection() throws ApplicationDAOException {

        try {
            dbConnection = datasource.getConnection();
        } catch (SQLException se) {
            throw new ApplicationDAOException("SQL Exception while getting " +
                                "DB connection : \n" + se);
        }
        return;

    }

/**
* Close database conection.
*/
    private void closeConnection() throws ApplicationDAOException {
        try {
            if (dbConnection != null && !dbConnection.isClosed()) {
                dbConnection.close();
            }
        } catch (SQLException se) {
            throw new ApplicationDAOException("SQL Exception while closing " +
                                        "DB connection : \n" + se);
        }
    }

}

***********  postgres code of connection 1*********
/**
 * $Id: Connection.java,v 1.2 1999/05/18 23:17:26 peter Exp $
 *
 * A Connection represents a session with a specific database.  Within the
 * context of a Connection, SQL statements are executed and results are
 * returned.
 *
 * <P>A Connection's database is able to provide information describing
 * its tables, its supported SQL grammar, its stored procedures, the
 * capabilities of this connection, etc.  This information is obtained
 * with the getMetaData method.
 *
 * <p><B>Note:</B> By default, the Connection automatically commits changes
 * after executing each statement.  If auto-commit has been disabled, an
 * explicit commit must be done or database changes will not be saved.
 *
 * @see java.sql.Connection
 */
 package postgresql.jdbc2;
public class Connection extends postgresql.Connection implements java.sql.Connection
{
  // This is a cache of the DatabaseMetaData instance for this connection
  protected DatabaseMetaData metadata;

  /**
   * SQL statements without parameters are normally executed using
   * Statement objects.  If the same SQL statement is executed many
   * times, it is more efficient to use a PreparedStatement
   *
   * @return a new Statement object
   * @exception SQLException passed through from the constructor
   */
  public java.sql.Statement createStatement() throws SQLException
  {
    return new Statement(this);
  }
}
***********  postgres code of connection 2*********
/**
 * $Id: Connection.java,v 1.17 1999/05/18 23:17:15 peter Exp $
 *
 * This abstract class is used by postgresql.Driver to open either the JDBC1 or
 * JDBC2 versions of the Connection class.
 *
 */
package postgresql;
public abstract class Connection
{
  // This is the network stream associated with this connection
  public PG_Stream pg_stream;

  // This is set by postgresql.Statement.setMaxRows()
  public int maxrows = 0;  // maximum no. of rows; 0 = unlimited

  private String PG_HOST;
  private int PG_PORT;
  private String PG_USER;
  private String PG_PASSWORD;