From: Yves Bossel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 12:18 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Using Log4j With Orion

We also use log4j.
A servlet makes the initialization, by reading the configuration file.

It is has been of great help:
1. It avoids tons of System.out
2. When we have a problem we just turn on debugging on the desired category.
This has proven very usefull when refactoring classes.

Hint: use log4j with JSP, it may save you a lot of debugging time. We use
one category per page i.e. "jsp.<dir>.<dir>.page"

Could anyone give me some clues about NDC, i.e. how to use it, what is the
value of it, and its cost ?

May I use directly cat.debug("message") or have I to use JMS ... I heard
that the app server is not obliged to open a stream ?

Thanks,

Yves Bossel,
Programmer - Neoris.com