Here's some verbose output from java on the attempt to start Orion:

[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.DomEx]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.DocumentType]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlWriteContext]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument$ExtWriteContext]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.ProcessingInstruction]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.PINode]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.EntityReference]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument$EntityRefNode]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.DocumentFragment]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument$DocFragNode]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.Comment]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.CommentNode]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.CDATASection]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.CDataNode]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.Attr]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.AttributeNode]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument$Catalog]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.DataNode$NodeListImpl]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.util.XmlChars]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.DOMImplementationImpl]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.Doctype]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.NamedNodeMap]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.Notation]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.Doctype$NotationNode]
[Loaded org.w3c.dom.Entity]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.Doctype$EntityNode]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.Doctype$Nodemap]
[Loaded org.apache.crimson.tree.AttributeSet]
[Loaded java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError from C:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\JR
E\1.3\lib\rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.NoSuchMethodError from C:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3\lib\r
t.jar]
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.crimson.tree.AttributeSet.<init>(AttributeSet.java:139)
        at
org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.startElement(XmlDocumentBu
ilder.java:463)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1449)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:499)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:304)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:433)

        at
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl
.java:179)
        at com.evermind.xml.e.getJavaxDocument(JAX)
        at com.evermind.xml.XMLUtils.getDocument(JAX)
        at com.evermind.xml.XMLConfig.ay(JAX)
        at com.evermind.xml.XMLConfig.ay(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.hg.run(JAX)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)
[Loaded java.lang.Shutdown$Lock from C:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3\lib\rt.ja
r]

Thanks again,
Rich