From: Chris Evans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 3:49 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: HELP!!! - Using UserManagers - Logging in users without asking
for credentials

Hey,

I've tried everything that I can think of without any proper
documentation/examples to go by.  What i'm trying to do is have a
servlet accept requests from another website.  Balled up in that request
would be user credentials(ie: username, password, etc...).  From the
request I want to log in that user to my application without them
knowing they have switched sites.  I thought EJBManager was the way to
go but without any real documentation i'm at a loss as to how to go
about doing this.  Right now we use DataSourceUserManager and form-based
login to accept the users info and that works fine.

Does anybody have any idea/examples on how to do this???

I've tried changing the <user-manager> in orion-application.xml to
"com.evermind.ejb.EJBManager" but I can't figure out how to use/see it
in a servlet to be able to do lookups on the DB.

Thanks,

Chris Evans
Canlink Interactive Technologies