Today, Danut Prisacaru ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Well, I still have the same problems and I am asking the same question: why
> is not possible to use a GUI tool to specify all I want for deploying my
> application? Why do I need to go into the application-deployments folder
> and modify what Orion has alredy deployed. If you are stuck and still do
> not get go and play with Sun's RI or WebLogic and ypu will udnerstand what
> I mean.

The same thing was bothering me, because having to modify orion's
deployment descriptors was getting old.
It turns out that you can make the orion web, ejb, and application
deployment documents be part of your distribution.
I create simplified versions that have just the stuff I care about
in them, for instance:

<orion-application
    autocreate-tables="false"
    treat-zero-as-null="false"

</orion-application>

By putting these into the appropriate places in your .ear or
directory heirarchy, orion will find them and incorporate the
information you specify in them into the final deployment
descriptor that lives in the application-deployment directory.
It's pretty slick.

Hope that's useful.

        Gary