-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jeff Schnitzer
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 12:54 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: How do I map a .doc extension to a .jsp execution

While that would work, you would have to create a separate jsp for each
document... really you should probably create your own servlet, map it
to *.doc in the same way, and use request.getPathInfo() and
request.getPathTranslated() (or just forward to the request to a URL in
a protected directory).

Or better yet, look into filters.  I haven't looked at the Servlet 2.3
specification for filters yet, but I suspect this is exactly the sort of
problem filters are designed to solve.

Jeff