For those interested in Hypersonic SQL, here is some encouragement from their user
mailing lists.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 1:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hsql-user] New Project Formed at SourceForge

Thanks to everyone who emailed me with encouragement!  It looks like there
are more than a few people who want to see the project live... I have set up
a new project at SourceForge for the HSQL Database Engine (Our new name).
It will take a bit to get it set up, but it is at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/.

I'm working on the source code, trying to incorporate what changes I had
made, and what patches people have sent me.  If you've got any patches you
would like to submit, email them to me directly until I get a little further
along with setting up the SourceForge page.  I'm going to concentrate more
on the code until we have something to release, then I'll do more with the
site.

I would also like to see if anyone wants to volunteer as a second Admin.  I
don't want to see the project be without a leader again if I should lose
interest, and having several people involved makes that less likely.