You can turn this off in the IE (Idiotic Explorer) advanced options.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Eggink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 3:56 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Friendly error messages from Microsoft get in the way (was
Error pages defined in web.xml not found / activated)

Well ...

How can you spend your weekend?!?

The problem I described looks to be caused by wat's called 'friendly
error
messages' from the Internet Explorer. All runs fine with Netscape.
Microsoft replaces standard 404 'can not find page' errors with their
own
page, which is considered (by them) to be more user friendly.

Still I do not understand how the Explorer gets the information there is
404 error. Could this be somewhat less wanted feature of Orion? I
certainly
would like to have control over this error message.

FE

On Friday, March 30, 2001 5:48 PM, Frank Eggink
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem. I have defined error pages in my web.xml
>
> I've defined:
>
> <error-page>
>       <error-code>404</error-code>
>       <location>/errors/error404.jsp</location>
> </error-page>
>
> Now I expect to see the error page when I request a non existing page
like
> http://localhost/my-app/non-existing-page.html, which does not happen.

I'm