Hi

If you could give me any feedback about the following issue I would be very
gratefull...

I managed to get Interbase up and running with Orion. When I deploy, Orion
creates my tables in the way I expected. However, when I start creating EJBs
I get a javax.ejb.CreateException from InterClient. I create my EJBs from a
JSP page which has worked fine on Hypersoniq. The exception on Interbase is
this:

javax.ejb.CreateException: Error creating EntityBean: [interclient] Invalid
data conversion: Parameter instance Archive is out of range for requested
conversion. See API reference for exception
interbase.interclient.ParameterConversionException

Now, such a conversion exception has to do with JDBC's conversions from Java
objects to database data types. The instance I am trying to store is a
simple bean containing only three properties: 1. a String as a primary key
2. another String
3. an int

The only way I can imagine one of these values being out of range is if one
of the strings were too long or the bytesize of the int could not fit into
database type I have declared - I am using the database schema shown below
which is based partially on Falk Langhammers post.

If you have any ideas or suggestions I would be very happy to hear from you.

Yours
R.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE database-schema PUBLIC "-//Evermind//- Database schema"
"http://www.orionserver.com/dtds/database-schema.dtd">

<database-schema name="InterBase" not-null="not null" null=""
primary-key="primary key" max-table-name-length="31">
        <type-mapping type="java.lang.String" name="VARCHAR(252)" />
        <type-mapping type="int" name="INTEGER" />
        <type-mapping type="long" name="NUMERIC(20,0)" />
        <type-mapping type="float" name="FLOAT" />
        <type-mapping type="double" name="DOUBLE PRECISION" />
        <type-mapping type="byte" name="NUMERIC(10,0)" />
        <type-mapping type="char" name="CHAR(1)" />
        <type-mapping type="short" name="SMALLINT" />
        <type-mapping type="boolean" name="NUMERIC(1,0)" />
        <type-mapping type="java.io.Serializable" name="BLOB" />

        <disallowed-field name="key" />
      <disallowed-field name="date" />
      <disallowed-field name="timestamp" />
      <disallowed-field name="time" />