You want an appserver that uses RMI-IIOP natively.  Orion isn't one of
these.  You would have to write an intermediate server that translates
all CORBA/IIOP calls into EJB/ORMI calls.  You will more than save on
development costs by just spending the money up front for an IIOP-based
server like BEA or Borland.  If you have CORBA clients, Orion is
probably not the right tool for you.

Jeff