Thanks Jeff and Arved - no idea how I missed the "I" in ACID transactions!

Looks like I've got the information I need to try and track down this
deadlock now.

Has anyone else experienced container-level deadlocks who could give me any
pointers?

Thanks again,
Dan/tastapod

ps. What a helpful mailing list :o)