Andy,
I've gotten it to run under SapDB using SapDB's Oracle 7 mode - its not Oracle 8 but
the
techniques for getting it to work are more or less database independent - I had some
issue with
SapDB that you shouldn't have with oracle.

Each application server will run into issues with the pet store since it is not truly
portable application and you will need to change a few items here and there and
rebuild and
re-deploy the pet store. How far along are you?

Cheers
Ray