I was able to do this by simply printing out the current classloader.  Write a
simple servlet/JSP page that does this:

response.getOutputStream().println( "classloader: " +
this.getClass().getClassLoader().toString() );

Unfortunately, I had troubles getting the above code loaded in certain
situations - a circular problem!

I've been looking into my classloading issues more..  it seems there's something
more subtle going on that I haven't nailed down yet.  I think it may be some
sort of class version conflict.  I should have more to report soon.

court