From: Koster, K.J. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 6:00 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Datasource confusion

Dear All,

I've nailed the problem. I removed the datasource definition from the
ejb-jar.xml and placed one in ~orion/config/data-sources.xml. After
rebuilding the application I stopped Orion, wiped out the
~orion/application-deployments directory, and restarted Orion.

I now get remote access denied errors from the database server, which is
good. :-)

> This line jdbc:mysql://luggage/log is not complete and
> consider mysql local.

Umm. Well, this is the precise URL that I use now. Just for the record, the
database server is named "luggage" and the database is called "log". MySQL
server is running on the default port, so I don't have to specify that.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm going away now to get some harder
problems for you to help me with. :-)

<off-topic>
Ah, while I'm on the line: I tried finding information about JMS, but all I
can find are tutorials for local examples. I want to set up a message queue
between two machines. I'd like to know a little about the implementation of
JMS, so that I can get an idea about performance pitfalls and such.
</off-topic>

    Kees Jan

 You are only young once,
       but you can stay immature all your life.