I want to parse an XML file and I'm creating a java.net.URL to give the location but I seem to be running into trouble.  Here is what I have:

The XML file is in the .war file and is in the application( /proj/orion/application/catd/catd)

I create a URL like this:

URL schemaURL = new URL("file","duck1.lilly.com","/proj/orion/application/catd/catd/validation.xsd");

basically, file protocol, the machine the file is on and the exact directory.

This is created and called within a servlet but with the exact URL it should not matter which layer of the container the files are at.

The file parses so it is not a problem with the parser or file.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Jonathan Bricker
Lilly Research Labs
Java ATG