I've had to provide charting ability via servlets. The problem I keep
bumping into is that image generation runs in the Event Handler thread, of
which there can be only one per VM.

I never figured out a way around that bottleneck, and would be thrilled to
get some ideas for a solution.

Right now, we're using Sitraka (formerly KLGroup) JCharts in servlets. Of
all the choices I've seen (excluding some listed in this thread that I
haven't evaluated) Sitraka seemed to be the best option, especially
considering that something like $7k gets you the source code too.

-Chris