Joni,

I am having the same problem using 1.4.5; strangely, I am able to use -shutdown just fine as long as none of my servlets/JSPs do any JDBC calls.  Once I get deeper into my app where I start hitting the database, Orion refuses to shut down in exactly the way you describe.

    Attila
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 4:47 AM
Subject: Re: remote shutdown of orion 1.4.8

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Folks,
>
> The following remote shutdown command does not work anymore in 1.4.8 (it
> works fine in 1.4.7), any ideas? bug?
>
> java -jar admin.jar ormi://localhost admin password -shutdown

Hi!
It is a bit unclear for me how the shutdown process should work. When I
initiate "java -jar admin.jar ormi://localhost admin password -shutdown"
the message "Shutting down..." is printed on the log. After that Orion
no longer responds to any requests but all the Java processes are still
kicking alive:

$ ps ax
21242 pts/2    S      0:00 /usr/java/jdk1.3/bin/i386/native_threads/java
-server -Xms8m -Xmx192m -Djava...
21266 pts/2    S      0:00 /usr/java/jdk1.3/bin/i386/native_threads/java
-server -Xms8m -Xmx192m -Djava...

Platform: RedHat Linux 7.0, HotSpot Virtual Machine, Orion 1.4.7

Is there a way to shutdown Orion so that it stops all Java procesesses
too?

--
Joni
[EMAIL PROTECTED]