I'll get you started, but I'm working on linux so perhaps I make an
error somewhere

1) Download and install java SDK
2) Download and install java J2EE
3) SET JAVA_HOME=<path to java directory. e.g. c:\jdk1.3.1>
4) SET J2EE_HOME=<path to j2ee directory, e.g. c:\j2sdkee1.2.1
(or put these two veriables in the system properties somewhere)
5) Go to the jps1.1.2 components directory and type `build'. This builds
the EJB's
6) Go to the jps1.1.2 petstore directory and type `build'. This creates
an ear in the ..\build directory that
also contains all the EJB beans build in step 5.
7) copy this ear file to the orion\applications directory
8) Edit file orion\config\server.xml (below the line starting with
<global-application...
   <application name="petstore" path="../applications/petstore.ear" />
9) Edit file orion\config\default-web-site.xml (below the line starting
with <default-web-app ...
   <web-app application="petstore" name="petstore" root="/petstore" />
10) start orion (in the orion directory type java -jar orion.jar). You
should now see something with
   deploying petstore application, petstoreEjb, etc.
11) Open web browser and type http://localhost:80/petstore and you are
in business.

Success
Ganasen Gounden wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have installed Orion 1.4.5 on Windows NT successfully.
> I now need to install the Petstore 1.1.2 Application.

> Could someone please provide me with a step by step guideline.
> The existing information is confusing or incomplete or refers to the older version.
> I am also new to Orion and J2ee.
>
> My recommendation is that the Orion developers have a working version of the product
>bundled into the download
> of Orion. It will help me and others save a lot of problems in trying to get a j2ee
>sample application running quick and easily.
> Please realise that many of us do these downloads for evaluation and demonstration
>to our management. It is very disappointing when we have to battle in doing this.
>
> I have had a bash at Jboss, Enhydra, In-q-my, Oracle 9ias, Jrun, and now Orion. They
>all have similar challenges in getting Pet Store up and running.
>   do not mean to be a nag but many thanks in advance if you can help.
>
> Regards
>
> Gan Gounden
> City of Cape Town
> Ph (021) 400-2174
> Fax (021) 425-1096
> Cell 083-63-59-268
> e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Any unauthorized use and interception of this e-mail is illegal.
> If this e-mail is not intended for you, you may not copy,
> distribute or disclose the contents to anyone.  This e-mail
> does not give rise to any binding legal obligations upon the
> City of Cape Town unless the City of Cape Town subsequently
> confirms the content in writing non-electronically.  This e-mail
> may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected
> by law.  Unauthorised disclosure or copying of any or all of it
> may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail in error please notify
> the sender and delete the message

Mark Kettner
http://www.fredhopper.com
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Phone:  +31 20 3206203 Mobile: +31 620 609 817
fax:    +31 20 8848747
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]