Hi Randahl,

I've used a filter to do gzip encoding for specific file types. Starting
with the tutorial at http://www.orionserver.com/tutorials/filters/lesson5/,
I've changed some things to get the hang of it and also to reduce the amount
of buffering used. It works fine, haven't had a problem with this
(intranet)site.

The beauty of filters is that they are completely independent from your
application, just edit your web.xml and you are set.

Let me know if you wnat some more info.

Marcel