-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Andre Vanha
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 12:55 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: getRemoteAddr() - APACHE as proxy !!

I've run into the same problem.  I don't think there is any way around this,
since the Apache module is a simple proxy.
It would be necessary to improve the Apache plugin to send some extra
headers, and then have orion interpret them.
However without an open API through which to construct the HTTP requests
coming into orion, you would have to interpret these headers in your own
code.

One possible avanue is Orion's load balancer.  I haven't had a chance to
test it, but does it suffer from the same problem?
It may already have an API that allows it to pass through the original IP
address (and other info) to the actual server, which could be emulated by a
web server plugin.

Andre