Hi Paul -
You can work with Active Directory just like regular old LDAP - binding on port 389
and all of
that. I am not forcing it to do very much - just authenticate against users that I add
myself so
nothing sophisticated! Using JNDI to wrap all of that is pretty straight forward. I
would recomend
a quick look at java.sun.com and search on LDAP or look for the JNDI tutorial - they
show how to
do authentication and searching. I have a simple JNDI-LDAP utilities file that
authenticates a
user, a user/password, and a user/group. If I have time later I will send some
snippets of code...
It is much easier than it might sound! Take a look at the java site above - or search
on something
like www.theserverside.com...maybe something there...If you have some specific
questions perhaps I
can answer them....