From: Tim Pouyer
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 3:29 PM
Subject: Can't get taglibs to work in orion

I downloaded the custom tags provided on orion's site and installed them on my orion 1.5.2 server.  But when I try to go to the jsp page that uses them I get a 'page cannot be displayed error'.  I can run jsp's that do not utilize orion's taglibs so I think it might have something to do with my deployment descriptors.  In my web.xml file in web-inf directory i have the following tags:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>

<display-name>Holder Project</display-name>

<login-config>

<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>

</login-config>

<taglib>

<taglib-uri>utiltags</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/utiltags.jar</taglib-location>

</taglib>

</web-app>

and I put <%@ taglib uri="utiltags" prefix="util" %> at the top of my jsp. With all subsequent code referenced like this <util:sometag>

if someone could please explain what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.