hi lachezar,

i've got clustering working for our app but haven't used the rmi.xml
clustering settings. the app seems to failover ok to another machine in the
cluster if i switch a machine off, etc,.

we use only stateless session beans and so i wondered if only entity bean
information was exchanged over the port specified in rmi.xml

what's all this stuff for in rmi.xml

<cluster host="230.0.0.1" id="123" password="123abc" port="9127"
username="cluster-user" />
Tag that is defined if the application is to be clustered. Used to set up a
local multicast cluster. A username and password used for the servers to
intercommunicate also needs to be specified.

host - The multicast host/ip to transmit and receive cluster data on. The
default is 230.0.0.1.
id - The id (number) of this cluster node to identify itself with in the
cluster. The default is based on local machine IP.
password - The password configured for cluster access. Needs to match that
of the other nodes in the cluster.
port - The port to transmit and receive cluster data on. The default is
9127.
username - The username configured for cluster access. Needs to match that
of the other nodes in the cluster.

thanks,
greg.