From: Ampie Barnard
Sent: 06 July 2001 02:19
To: 'Orion-Interest'
Subject: RE: Transaction management in BMP through Session bean

Your JDBC drivers have to be JTA/JTS enabled. JTA enabled drivers would have
some implementation of the javax.transaction.Synchronization interface which
would somehow be registered with Orion's implementation
javax.transaction.TransactionManager. Exactly how this works is container
and driver specific. With Websphere, for instance, jdbc connections are only
JTA enabled if you use DB2's jta jdbc drivers. With WebLogic, you have to
use BEA's JDrivers and connection pools. Assume therefor by default that
your jdbc driver and Orion do not share the same transaction context. The
behaviour you have described kind of points to that direction.

By the way, does anyone know how I could get a reference (pointer) to
Orion's implementation of javax.transaction.TransactionManager? I need this
to link Toplink's JTA enabler to Orion.

Also, since Oracle and Orion are such good buddies nowadays, does anyone
know if and when there would be Oracle jdbc drivers that would be JTA
enabled in Orion?