Are you asking if you can have the info in the orion-* files be used before the .ear,
.jar, or .war is deployed, the answer is yes - sort of. You can have orion-* files be
used if and only if the app was not deployed previously (has a dir in
application-deployments). All you have to do is put a copy of orion-whatever in the
META-INF/WEB-INF directory and orion will pick it up on the _initial_ deploy only.

Also note that orion-* don't need to be complete. Any information you don't put in the
orion-whatever file will be auto-generated/guessed by orion at deploy time. A very
nice feature, since if you just need to define a custom finder, you don't need to
include a bunch of other extra junk not related to your need for the orion-ejb-jar.xml
file.

Hope this answers your question... :)

-Pat

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 01:42:04PM -0400, Mike Conway wrote:
> In a normal production environment...is auto-deploy a viable option?
>
> I'm just digging into the server and looking at production
> configuration.  I have auto-deploy working where a .ear file can be
> dropped in and deployed automatically to the whole cluster...this is an
> attractive option because it would be easy for our developers to deploy
> code...
>
> So...I notice that a lot of orion specific files (eg
> orion-application.xml) are generated automatically during
> auto-deployment...does this preclude our supplying custom parameters
> such as "autocreate-tables=false"?
>
> If we have need to deploy our applications with such things defined in
> some of the orion-x jars, do we need to use manual deployment vs.
> auto-deployment?  Can we include these files in our .ears before we
> auto-deploy?
>
> Hope that question makes sense...
>
> Regards, Mike Conway
> UNC-Chapel Hill

Patrick A. Lightbody
Software Engineer          Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ASTG TACWeb                Phone: (858) 587-4799
Cisco Systems, Inc.        Pager: [EMAIL PROTECTED]