Hi there

I've got a stateless session bean that returns an ArrayList of 4000
objects to a servlet. If the objects are of type String it takes a few
milliseconds to return all 4000. If they are of a custom class (i.e. One
I coded) that only contains a String object it takes 9 seconds to return
all 4000. The stings are all close to empty in all cases (typically 5
characters).

Something doesn't seem right.

I'm running Orion from within Jbuilder for debugging purposes.
I know that Orion automatically creates the client stub classes for
EJB's. If these classes are not in my classpath I imagine Orion might
have to fetch the stubs from the RMI server. If it did this 4000 times it
might explain the slow-down.

If this is the case where does Orion store the stub classes that it
generates ? I want to add it to my class path.

If this is not the case, does anyone have any idea what I might be doing
incorrectly ?

Thanks
Henty