Hi all,

I am getting ready to deploy 3 web apps in one container. All 3 web apps
should have their own context..but all 3 share some common resources such as
images and include files. Is there a way to have all 3 access the same one
path for the "shared" resources like images? I wouldn't mind putting shared
resources in its own web-app, although the main web-app for our site would
be the "root" web-app and would be the best place to put them. I have a
structure like so:

www - root web app (outside site)
www/inside  - inside (logged in) web app
www/admin - administration site for employees only (also requires login).

www/WEB-INF/classes  - some classes used by outside site
www/images - commonly used images for all 3 web apps.

I would like to "share" the www/images with the www/inside and www/admin web
apps. All 3 are deployed via .war files (infact..I am working on this now).

I posted earlier about sharing .jar files among web apps, and I would like
to reiterate that here..I want to see if its possible if the MVC framework
.jar file, our own "db" connection pooling .jar file and so on can be placed
in the /orion/lib dir and used by all 3 web apps as well. Keep in mind..I do
NOT need to share data across the web-apps..just reuse the classes without
having to put them in each WEB-INF/lib dir, thus taking up more space.

Lastly, the outside site will need to call some Login code that then
forwards to the inside or admin apps. This is possible..correct? By having
the outside web-app forward a response to the /inside or /admin paths, it
should take the user into that web-app from the outside web-app, correct? If
not, is there some special way to handle the case of a link or form
submission from one web-app into another? I would think that mapping a path
like /inside to a specific web app would mean ANY link from any web-app in
the one container would go to the web-app specified by the path.

Thanks for all the help.