Chris,

I just wanted to make sure you're checking for the right thing in your
code, and if you are I apologize.
For the following example URL:
http://www.foo.com/FooServlet/testme?hey=you

Assume that FooServlet and FooServlet* are both mapped to FooServlet.

Here are the results of the following calls:
HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)pageContext.getRequest();
String servletPath = request.getServletPath();
// here servletPath = /FooServlet, same as cgi.SCRIPT_NAME
String pathInfo = request.getPathInfo();
// here pathInfo = /testme, same as cgi.PATH_INFO
String queryString = request.getQueryString();
// here queryString = hey=you, same as cgi.QUERY_STRING

If you want some very helpful documentation on CGI variables and their
definitions, check out this URL:
http://cgi-spec.golux.com/draft-coar-cgi-v11-03.html

Jeff Hubbach.