It's not only OK - you must do it (the connection returned is a wrapper for
a pooled connection and returns it to the pool after the transaction has
finished).
Furthermore you should check very carefull to close explicitely all created
statements, too - some databases will make trouble, otherwise.

Regards

Jens Stutte