Don't know how, but for some reason, setting development to false in the
orion-web.xml, AND delete the deployed application so that it would
redeploy, fixed the problem. I sure would love to know why that was a
problem..and why deleting the deployed application so redeployment would fix
it actually worked. I checked the .java file created and they are the same
(before and after).

Oh well.