Hi all,

Apologies if this is the second time for this email -- I sent it first while
the listserv was down.

We're testing Orion running under Linux, and we'd prefer not to run it as
root for obvious reasons.

I've currently got it running as user 'orion' on port 8000, and am
redirecting requests to port 80 via ipchains.

Here is the ipchains command I used to handle the redirect:

  ipchains -I input 1 -d <ip_address> 80 -p tcp -j REDIRECT 8000

This is working, but I have two questions:

1) In order to get Orion to work, I had to change the <web-site> host to
"[ALL]" rather than just the specific IP address.  I would prefer not to use
"[ALL]" as it could conflict with the Apache server I also have running on
the box.  Is there another way to set up this rule?  Why can't I just set
the host to the same IP address I used in the ipchains command above?

2) If I access the application on port 80, it works fine, until I call
response.sendRedirect("somefile.jsp").  The redirect will automatically
prepend the URL with the server address, directing the user to port 8000.
Is there any way I can force the app to always redirect to port 80?

Thanks for any advice,

Darren.

--
Darren Gibbons                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenRoad Communications                               ph: 604.681.0516