If anybody is at JAOO this week, please ask Karl about this.

Regards,

the elephantwalker

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Solinsky, Jason
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 12:01 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: EJB 2.0 Approved

I haven't seen anything here about this:

The EJB 2.0 Standard was approved by the Java Community Process on Wednesday the 4th. Now that the orion developers can be sure that the standard will not change, what sort of timeline can we expect for implementation? The most critical component for me is the Local Interface.

It is interesting that at Java One Larry Ellison bragged about how Oracle would be the first to implement EJB 2.0 using their brand new platform (Orion didn't get any direct mention). If Orion (or Oracle) is truly is to beat Weblogic in this race, then there must already be some developed code that hasn't been released.

JWS

This e-mail communication and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, or distribution of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify USPowerSolutions Corporation immediately by telephone at (617)547-3800 or via e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.