I've seen it down by asking for a FTP connection to the server and using the password.  If it goes through then the password it good.

It is clunky but it works.

Jonathan Bricker
Lilly Research Labs
Java ATG

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

09/14/01 04:08 AM
Please respond to Orion-Interest

        To:        Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Using NT Authentication

Hi,

I am developing an intranet EJB application and am interested in using the users NT authentication as a means for user authentication. I know it is possible to do this in IIS, but has anyone ever tried doing it with a Java Web App?

 Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Johnny