Hello,

I cannot access an EJB Stateful Session Bean from a Java client using SOAP. Trying to
do so always ends up with the message:

   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
   Fault String = Unable to initialize context

I assume that the context mentioned in the message means the JNDI context, but I don't
know why Orion can't initialize it.

Accessing the application from a Java client using RMI (ORMI) succeeds!
Accessing another WebService (no EJB but just a simple Java class) succeeds so Orion
and SOAP are basically working!
I can deploy the service by:

java -cp /opt/orion/orion.jar:/home/sim/soap-2_2/lib/soap.jar
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:900/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

And it's shown in the Apache SOAP Admin Page:

'urn:ejbhello' Service Deployment Descriptor
Property
                Details
ID
                        urn:ejbhello
Scope
                        Application
User-Defined Provider Type      org.apache.soap.providers.StatefulEJBProvider
Provider Class                  HelloService
Use Static Class                false
Methods
                        create, hello
Type Mappings Default
Mapping Registry Class

Any help is highly appreciated,

michael

--
Dipl.-Math. (fh) Michael Simons
UNIOPT AG // unique logistic optimization