Hia gentle gents !!

I've been trying something off the wire, and I am trying to poke around
for some expertise.

I have written this piece of code that uses JINI. It is essentially a
litle server that publishes a proxy. Now, this thing works like a charm
on its own, and of its own volition.

I wanted to take the same piece of code and inserted into Orion, thus
having Orion as the server that serves up this proxy to the world.

When in Orion the thing croaks spitting out a
java.security.AccessControl(java.security.SecurityPermission) exception.

This obviously has to do with not being allowed to access certain of the
classes that do the dirty deeds. I did construct a policy file that
indicates
java.security.AllPermission as a main policy.

As I said the thing work like a charm when runing stand alone, but it
croaks only when I loaded it up in Orion.

SO my question to you is: Is there anything specific that needs to be
set in the policy file ??? that would allow the loading of classes other
than the Orion ones ??? Is there a limitation with the RMI component
????

Alternatively I tried to use the -secure startup option. Everything went
to hell and did not come back. It could not even load up my packages !!!

My plea for help extends to asking any one of you if you have an idea
about Orion's security implementation. How does the "-secure" option
work ???

Bruno R. Baloi
Lead Software Architect
PlateSpin In.