> Does orion really work with DB2 as a datasource? I'm still having
I suppose... but I haven't done much ejb/cmp with it, mostly servlets
and prepared statements.

> trouble with this. The DB won't accept the prepared SQL-statements for
> the finder-queries genereated by orion.
I had trouble with the create statements it generates.  For example
create table foo (bar int null)  // to say that bar can be null
should be
create table foo (bar int default null)

but of course, if I create the table myself, the cmp for something
like the counter works fine.  I bet perhaps some other finder stuff
it's executing has similar syntax incompatibilities.

> Did you have similar probelem? Which JDBC-driver did you use?

I'm using the one for solaris in
/opt/IBMdb2/V7.1/java12

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE data-sources PUBLIC "Orion data-sources"
"http://www.orionserver.com/d
tds/data-sources.dtd">

<data-sources>
    <data-source
        class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
        name="db"
        location="jdbc/DBCoreDS"
        xa-location="jdbc/DBXADS"
        ejb-location="jdbc/DBDS"
        connection-driver="COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver"
        username="db2inst1"
        password="foobar"
        url="jdbc:db2:dbname" inactivity-timeout="30"

      <description>
          This datasource is the main connector to the DB2 backend
database
      </description>
    </data-source>
</data-sources>