dear all,

having not used EntityBeans in my last projects, but stateless session beans only, i'm hoping someone has a good answer to my question.

basically, it seems like ejbStore is being deferred to the end of the transaction.

if i request a series of operations like this.

1. loadX
2. store (which changes X)
3. loadX

then what really happens is

1. loadX
2. loadX    <== this gets the old copy of X, not the new one since Orion deferred my call to ejbStore
3. store.

this post below by someone indicates that jboss provided a flag so that the database access occurs in the order that your code executes -- as opposed to when the container determines it should run.

does orion have an equivalent flag? (and yes, i've had a look through www.orionserver.com and couldn't find it).

thanks,
greg.