Eddie,

You may gain some mileage from this article:
http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orionsupport/articles/orserv.html

Also, you can specify a log file for Orion by specifying parameters:
java -jar orion.jar -out <file> -err <file>

I would suspect that Orion is finding your server.xml file, or you
wouldn't end up with anything in the log files at all.

Could it be a permissions problem?

Cheers,
Scott

--