From: Rustad, Aaron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 2:02 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Course Grained Entity Beans...your thoughts....

I was reading the J2EE design patterns book and it suggested using a Course
- grained approach at building your entity beans (dependent tables accessed
via Data Access Objects). However, after inspecting the new 2.0 specs, and
considering the inclusion of EJBLocalHome and EJBLocalObject, is it
necessary to still follow this recommendation? I personally would rather not
code DAOs, however, if there is a performance gain by doing so, I would.

Thanks for you advice.
Aaron.