Some documentation for Orion is still in the works, but some of the
documents that you are asking for exist.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This is great these issues are holding us back from sophisticated
> deployments right now.
>
> My 2 cents worth is this is the order of importance of documentation
> that is
> needed right now to do REAL professional deployments and developements
> with Orion/OC4J
>

> 1) Orion specific deployment settings explained
>         these are not really explained anywhere right now.

The configuration reeference for Orion Files:
   http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orion/docs/configuration/index.html
Deployment reference:
   http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orion/docs/deployment/index.html
A simple application deployment howto:

http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orion/docs/application-deployment/application-deployment.html

> 2) Application Client documentation
>       can't really write any real black-box testing coded without the
> ability to call components from
>         the command line or a script!

A quick guide on setting up JNDI for client apps:
   http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orionsupport/articles/jndi-ejb.html
Application client config files:
   http://kb.atlassian.com/directory/j2ee/application-clients

Agreed that more information needs to be done in this area.

> 3) HTTP clustering details
>         setting up clustering is a hit and miss affair as the Oracle
> documentation is
>       partial at best and there is no examples of what the "right" way
> to set up
>       multiple instances on a single box "looks" like.

Agreed that more detail is needed.  Existing documentation is here:
   http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orion/docs/http-clustering.html

The rest of the documentation is spare on the following topics, and we
are looking to improve on it.

> 4) EJB clustering details
>         see #3
> 5) SSL clustering details
>         can't have a professional site that is not secure can we?
> 6) MDB documentation
>         why can't you look up any JNDI stuff in ejbCreate() or at least
> a warning not to try and do it.
>         why doesn't MapMessage work inside of onMessage() of an MDB?
>         how to set up an MDB to listen on an external Queue, as from the
> JMS interface to Oracle AQ?
> 7) Additional remote scenarios
>       the basic ones are covered in the document listed below.
> 8) Configuring datasources
>         what else is NOT in the documentation now?

If anyone has any more suggestions about documentation that are needed
for their specific setup, please contact me off list.

Cheers,
Scott

--
Scott Farquhar :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]