didn't take the first time...resend

-----Original Message-----
From: The elephantwalker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 3:57 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Using JDBC resource from application client

Romen,

In you application-client.xml file, you will need to put in the jdbc
resource after any ejb resources...like this:

<resource-ref>
<description>description</description>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/MyDataSource</res-ref-name>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>  <-- this can be container or application
</resource-ref>

Then from your client app, you should be able to get the resource in the
normal way:

        DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("jdbc/MyDataSource");

etc.

regards,

the elephantwalker
www.elephantwalker.com
Take a walk on the wild side, and join us at the elephantwalker!