Hi Atul.

Sorry, no I do not know, although I suspect so.  We are using BMP
Enity Beans,  due to the unusual database design (CMP won't handle
it).  However, our BMP EJB's do automatically deploy, and successfully
create and register their own connection pools in JNDI on demand.
Otherwise, our entire security and database access framework would
be non-functional.

You would have to look up the exact sequence of events, but there
are a number of function calls made on the EJB during load and
activation before any attempt is made to access the database.  The
exact sequence of calls is specified in the EJB specification.  If
you were to intercept one of these earlier calls to create your
connection, I suspect that would work.  We are doing something
similiar.

-Steve

--
Stephen Davidson