Hello Justin.

   As I see it, this is not JavaMail problem.
   The message "550 Relaying denied" is standard SMTP message sent from the SMTP server.
   Depending on the type of your SMTP server this is solved differently.
   Consult you SMTP administrator or, if it is you, check the documentation, to see how to permit in/out-going SMTP traffic. Normally it will be permitted/denied according to your IP address.

   That's it. "Happy hunting Sebastian" (*grin*: quote from "Cruel Intentions").

   Lachezar

Hi all,

I'm having trouble enabling relaying on my mailserver. I'm using Orion 1.5.2 with the J2EE 1.2.1 JavaMail, trying to relay to a 5.5 Exchange Server(NT). I've set the application.xml to point to my Exchange server as such:

<mail-session location="mail/TheMailSession" smtp-host="my.mailserver.ie">

    <property name="mail.transport.protocol" value="smtp"/>

    <property name="mail.smtp.from" value="user@company.com"/>

    <property name="mail.from" value="user@company.com"/>

</mail-session>

I have set Exchange to disable relaying except for the IP address of the machine the appserver is on. The problem is I'm still getting the "javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 Relaying is prohibited" error.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is there something in Orion I need to do as well?

Thanks for any help.

Justin Crosbie