From: The elephantwalker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 2. maaliskuuta 2002 22:23
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: BigDecimal problem...

This could be your database-scheme. I notice that most of the database
schemas that come with Orion (look at the config/database-schemas) do not
include a field for java.math.BigDecimal. However, the SapDB.xml schema
does. Copy this bit into your database schema, and this will probably fix
your problem:

    <type-mapping type="java.math.BigDecimal" name="fixed(15,15)" />

Why aren't you using Long as the pk? Many who use orion use Long's. This
could be why you found this problem, because you were the first to use a
BigDecimal as a pk.

If you are new to Orion, come join us at www.elephantwalker.com. We have the
largest and oldest Orion forum on the web.

regards,

the elephantwalker
www.elephantwalker.com

.ps There is an excellent document on database schemas in Orion at:

http://www.orionserver.com/docs/database-schema-configuration/database-schem
a-configuration.xml