I already posted this, but I seem to have have mis-posted it:

Actually I worked that one out and got a new, better bug. This was happening
because I didn't set "exclusive-write-access" to "false" in
orion-ejb-jar.xml. Since I'm using cmp, I don't have any statements of my
own.

thanks,
Bjarni

ps: What is the correct way to post questions and answers to the list?


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Greg Davis
Sent: 3. apr�l 2002 14:23
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: arrg please help


Are you using CMP or BMP with your entity bean?  It sounds like BMP and you
are accidentally closing the connetion somewhere you are not supposed to
inside the bean.  What kind of database are you connecting to (i.e. MySQL,
SQL Server, Oracle,etc...)

I need a little more info here before I can try to help. :-)

Later...
Greg


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John Creaner
Sent: 3. apr�l 2002 11:50
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: arrg please help

thats sounds like an sql issue, are you closing your statement before you
get all the information in the resultset back??

John Creaner
Software Development,
e-Spatial Solutions,
Ireland.
Tel: 353 (0)1 867 5500
Fax: 353 (0)1 867 5599

Direct Tel: 353 (0)1 867 5508
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



-----Original Message-----
From: Ofur-Bjarni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 12:35 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: arrg please help


I have an existing database and I am trying to make an entity bean that
retrieves data from one of it's tables.

I have set the autocreate-table to false, and everything deploys nicely, but
when I try to list the contents of the table (using findAll()) then I get
this error:

com.evermind.server.rmi.OrionRemoteException: Database error: Closed
Statement: next; nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: Closed
Statement: next

And I have no idea what to do. I know that the datasource works, because I
have used it for other purposes.

Thanks,
Bjarni



Reply via email to